Chinese Deputy Foreign Minister arrives in Nepal
Kathmandu: The ninth meeting of the Nepal-China Consultative Mechanism is being held here after a gap of four years as Chinese Deputy Foreign Minister Fu Ying arrived in Kathmandu on Saturday leading an official delegation.
Fu boarded a flight from Bhutan where China has recently opened its embassy.
The meeting will discuss the entire gamut of bilateral relations, evaluate the projects funded by China in Nepal, security, trade, tourism and investments, according to officials.
Deputy Foreign Minister Fu will call on Prime Minister Baburam Bhattarai, meet Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Narayan Kaji Shrestha and SAARC Secretary-General Ahmed Saleem among others.
The Nepal-China Consultative Mechanism is headed by the Nepalese Foreign Secretary and the Chinese Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs and is the highest bilateral mechanism existing between the two countries.
During Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao`s visit to Nepal in mid-January, the two sides had agreed to make extensive use of existing mechanisms, including diplomatic consultations along with the Nepal-China Joint Economic and Trade Committee Meeting and the political consultative mechanism is also expected to assess the progress made after the visit of Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao to Nepal.
In recent times, a series of cross-ministerial meetings have taken place at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) to update the status of China-funded projects in Nepal, assess the status of Chinese assistance to Nepal and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Warning message on banned sites: ISPs run into technical issue
- M&M launches DiGiSense platform to access vital vehicle info
- Oil falls amid supply glut, lower prospects of output freeze
- UN verified Dawood's Pak addresses, wife, father's name, aliases; high time it extradites him: MEA
- Injured Cristiano Ronaldo absent from Portugal squad for World Cup 2018 qualifying round