Christian women forced to parade naked in Pakistan
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Christian women were attacked and paraded naked by a mob with the support of the ruling party. The revelation was made by a press release issued by the Asian Human Rights Commission (AHRC).
According to the Daily Times, three Christian women, Arshad Bibi, Sajida Bibi and Sauriya Bibi, the daughter-in-laws of Sadiq Masih, were brutally beaten and then paraded naked by armed men hired by Muhammad Munir, the son of Abdul Rasheed, a landlord who has the support of the ruling party, the PML-N.
The incident occurred on the night of June 3 when the male members of the family were attending to their jobs.
The attackers entered the house by jumping the boundary wall of their house and unlocked the gate from the inside.
At that time, the women were sleeping in the house along with their father-in-law Sadiq Masih, 73, and mother-in-law Rani Bibi, 70.
The mob invaded the house and started looking for Masih`s sons, but when they could not find his sons, they started beating the three women. The party workers then took the three Christian women out into the street and tore their clothes off. Then they started shouting to attract the attention of the people nearby, to let them see the extent of the revenge and the power of the landlord.
As the women screamed and shouted for help, some elderly people of the village came out and put their turbans on the feet of the attackers, pledging them to leave the women.
After this, the attackers released the women but threatened the villagers against complaining to the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof