Civilian control over intelligence agencies: Pak senators
Islamabad: Senators from both treasury and opposition benches have called for bringing the intelligence agencies under civilian and parliamentary control.
The call from Pakistan senators comes to improve the law and order situation in the country.
According to Dawn News, Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan triggered a debate on civil-military relationship after he admitted in the Senate that terrorist attacks on Ziarat Residency and Bolan Medical Complex in Quetta were result of serious security lapse and lack of coordination between security and law enforcement agencies.
Khan admitted that terrorists had managed to transport a huge quantity of explosives and arms in vehicles passing through a number of check-posts manned by the police, and army personnel in Ziarat and Quetta.
According to the report, he said there could be no heavier security presence in Quetta where check posts had been set up every 100 yards.
He added that it was surprising how the terrorists managed to carry weapons and tonnes of explosive through these posts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief