Compensation announced for Nepalese flood victims
Kathmandu: The families of those killed in the devastating flood in Nepal will get a relief package of $1,500 each, Prime Minister Baburam Bhattarai announced Sunday.
According to media reports, at least 15 people have been killed and dozens of others are still missing following the avalanche in Nepal` Annapurna range which triggered a massive flood in the Seti river.
Bhattarai, who visited the affected area in morning, announced that a relief package of about $1,500 to the next of kin of those who lost their lives in the flood, Xinhua reported.
He also announced emergency package of around $300 to those who have been rendered homeless due to the flood.
The flood has caused massive destruction to human settlements around the area in Kaski district. With Saturday being a holiday in the country, many people were enjoying their leisure time when the flood created havoc.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you