Defa-e-Pakistan Council plans Lahore to Wagah march on Dec 16
Lahore: The Defa-e-Pakistan Council, formed by Jamaat-ud-Dawah chief Hafiz Mohammad Saeed, plans to organise a march from the heart of Lahore to the Wagah land border crossing with India on December 16 to mark the breaking away of the erstwhile East Pakistan.
"The Council will exhibit its power in Lahore by holding a peace march from The Mall to Wagah on December 16," DPC chairman Maulana Samiul Haq told a news conference yesterday.
Expressing grief at the fall of Dhaka in 1971, Haq described the event as a "black day" in Pakistan`s history.
"That is why we decided to stage a peace march," he said.
The DPC is an alliance of over 40 religious and extremist groups, including JuD, Jamaat-e-Islami and Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-S. The Awami Muslim League and Pakistan Muslim League-Z are also among its members.
Asked whether the DPC is the Pakistan Army`s "B-team", Haq replied: "Had the armed forces done their duty well, the country would have averted the menace of terrorism, instability and US involvement. So the armed forces have to do their work and we have to do ours."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch