Earthquake rattles Afghanistan; tremors felt in Delhi, Islamabad
Zee Media Bureau
Pakistan/New Delhi: A major earthquake, with epicentre in Afghanistan, was felt in major cities of Pakistan on Wednesday afternoon. Tremors were felt in Lahore, Islamabad, Peshawar in Pakistan and also in Srinagar and Delhi in India.
While initial reports claimed that earthquake measured 6.2 on the Richter Scale, the US Geological Survey put the magnitude of the quake at 5.7 on the Richter Scale with epicentre at a depth of 65.1 km hits Hindu Kush area of Afghanistan.
A quake measuring 5.7 on the Richter scale rocked the Kashmir Valley this afternoon. No loss of life or damage to property was reported.
There were no reports of any loss of lives or damage to property.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah