Earthquake rattles Afghanistan; tremors felt in Delhi, Islamabad
Zee Media Bureau
Pakistan/New Delhi: A major earthquake, with epicentre in Afghanistan, was felt in major cities of Pakistan on Wednesday afternoon. Tremors were felt in Lahore, Islamabad, Peshawar in Pakistan and also in Srinagar and Delhi in India.
While initial reports claimed that earthquake measured 6.2 on the Richter Scale, the US Geological Survey put the magnitude of the quake at 5.7 on the Richter Scale with epicentre at a depth of 65.1 km hits Hindu Kush area of Afghanistan.
A quake measuring 5.7 on the Richter scale rocked the Kashmir Valley this afternoon. No loss of life or damage to property was reported.
There were no reports of any loss of lives or damage to property.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results LIVE: BJP registers emphatic win; PM Narendra Modi says it's a great start to 2017
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17