Earthquake rattles Afghanistan; tremors felt in Delhi, Islamabad
Zee Media Bureau
Pakistan/New Delhi: A major earthquake, with epicentre in Afghanistan, was felt in major cities of Pakistan on Wednesday afternoon. Tremors were felt in Lahore, Islamabad, Peshawar in Pakistan and also in Srinagar and Delhi in India.
While initial reports claimed that earthquake measured 6.2 on the Richter Scale, the US Geological Survey put the magnitude of the quake at 5.7 on the Richter Scale with epicentre at a depth of 65.1 km hits Hindu Kush area of Afghanistan.
A quake measuring 5.7 on the Richter scale rocked the Kashmir Valley this afternoon. No loss of life or damage to property was reported.
There were no reports of any loss of lives or damage to property.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days