Earthquake rattles Afghanistan; tremors felt in Delhi, Islamabad
Zee Media Bureau
Pakistan/New Delhi: A major earthquake, with epicentre in Afghanistan, was felt in major cities of Pakistan on Wednesday afternoon. Tremors were felt in Lahore, Islamabad, Peshawar in Pakistan and also in Srinagar and Delhi in India.
While initial reports claimed that earthquake measured 6.2 on the Richter Scale, the US Geological Survey put the magnitude of the quake at 5.7 on the Richter Scale with epicentre at a depth of 65.1 km hits Hindu Kush area of Afghanistan.
A quake measuring 5.7 on the Richter scale rocked the Kashmir Valley this afternoon. No loss of life or damage to property was reported.
There were no reports of any loss of lives or damage to property.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore