Eight men convicted by Saudi court on terrorism charges
Washington: A Saudi court has convicted eight men on terrorism-related charges, including plotting attacks on an oil refinery, according to Saudi Press Agency.
The defendants, seven Saudis and one Yemeni, were given prison sentences ranging from four months to eight years. The agency reported that all eight were banned from traveling abroad for at least one year after their release, reports Fox News.
Saudi Arabia runs a rehabilitation program that aims to dissuade militants from fighting alongside al Qaeda.
An audio recording released this month by al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula urged Saudis to revolt against the kingdom for allowing US drones to launch missions from its soil and strike militants in neighboring Yemen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Britain wins Brexit breathing space at gloomy EU summit
- Turkish PM says first signs in Istanbul attack point to IS
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016