Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar calls for focus positive aspects of Pak-US ties
Islamabad: Pakistan Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar has underlined the need to continue to focus on positive aspects in the troubled Pak-U.S. relationship such as the recent revival of bilateral strategic dialogue process, infrastructure and development projects and strengthening of economic and commercial relations.
Khar said this during her meeting with the newly appointed U.S. Ambassador to Pakistan Richard Olson, who paid a courtesy call on her at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, reports The Express Tribune.
Khar particularly outlined the important role of U.S. assistance in the development of Pakistan``s energy sector. She expressed the hope that during his tenure ties would be further strengthened and the positive trajectory will be maintained.
Olson reaffirmed his government``s commitment to work with the government of Pakistan to achieve shared objectives, which also included peace and stability in the region.
He also briefed Khar on the working group meetings in the coming months on economy and finance, energy, defence and water.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Swiss fighter jet missing, believed crashed: Ministry
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir