Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar calls for focus positive aspects of Pak-US ties
Islamabad: Pakistan Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar has underlined the need to continue to focus on positive aspects in the troubled Pak-U.S. relationship such as the recent revival of bilateral strategic dialogue process, infrastructure and development projects and strengthening of economic and commercial relations.
Khar said this during her meeting with the newly appointed U.S. Ambassador to Pakistan Richard Olson, who paid a courtesy call on her at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, reports The Express Tribune.
Khar particularly outlined the important role of U.S. assistance in the development of Pakistan``s energy sector. She expressed the hope that during his tenure ties would be further strengthened and the positive trajectory will be maintained.
Olson reaffirmed his government``s commitment to work with the government of Pakistan to achieve shared objectives, which also included peace and stability in the region.
He also briefed Khar on the working group meetings in the coming months on economy and finance, energy, defence and water.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal