Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar calls for focus positive aspects of Pak-US ties
Islamabad: Pakistan Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar has underlined the need to continue to focus on positive aspects in the troubled Pak-U.S. relationship such as the recent revival of bilateral strategic dialogue process, infrastructure and development projects and strengthening of economic and commercial relations.
Khar said this during her meeting with the newly appointed U.S. Ambassador to Pakistan Richard Olson, who paid a courtesy call on her at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, reports The Express Tribune.
Khar particularly outlined the important role of U.S. assistance in the development of Pakistan``s energy sector. She expressed the hope that during his tenure ties would be further strengthened and the positive trajectory will be maintained.
Olson reaffirmed his government``s commitment to work with the government of Pakistan to achieve shared objectives, which also included peace and stability in the region.
He also briefed Khar on the working group meetings in the coming months on economy and finance, energy, defence and water.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you