Four die, 7 go missing as boat capsizes near Indo-Nepal border
Kathmandu: At least four persons, including a child were killed and seven others went missing when an overloaded boat capsized near the Indo-Nepal border, police said on Sunday.
The ill-fated boat capsized last night near Halauna Ghat of Kailali district when the passengers were returning after shopping from a nearby Indian town of Tikunia in Uttar Pradesh, they said.
According to police, four bodies were recovered from Halauna Ghat of Lalboji-4, MyRepublica.Com said.
The boat, heading to Kailali from Beluwa, Tikunia in Uttar Pradesh had 22 passengers on board.
Some people survived the accident as they managed to swim to the shore, SP Mohan Joshi, Kailali police chief said.
Four persons were rescued by India`s Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) and Nepal police, media reports said.
Police and local people have launched search operation to find the missing people and the ill-fated boat.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane