Four die, 7 go missing as boat capsizes near Indo-Nepal border
Kathmandu: At least four persons, including a child were killed and seven others went missing when an overloaded boat capsized near the Indo-Nepal border, police said on Sunday.
The ill-fated boat capsized last night near Halauna Ghat of Kailali district when the passengers were returning after shopping from a nearby Indian town of Tikunia in Uttar Pradesh, they said.
According to police, four bodies were recovered from Halauna Ghat of Lalboji-4, MyRepublica.Com said.
The boat, heading to Kailali from Beluwa, Tikunia in Uttar Pradesh had 22 passengers on board.
Some people survived the accident as they managed to swim to the shore, SP Mohan Joshi, Kailali police chief said.
Four persons were rescued by India`s Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) and Nepal police, media reports said.
Police and local people have launched search operation to find the missing people and the ill-fated boat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof