Four die, 7 go missing as boat capsizes near Indo-Nepal border
Kathmandu: At least four persons, including a child were killed and seven others went missing when an overloaded boat capsized near the Indo-Nepal border, police said on Sunday.
The ill-fated boat capsized last night near Halauna Ghat of Kailali district when the passengers were returning after shopping from a nearby Indian town of Tikunia in Uttar Pradesh, they said.
According to police, four bodies were recovered from Halauna Ghat of Lalboji-4, MyRepublica.Com said.
The boat, heading to Kailali from Beluwa, Tikunia in Uttar Pradesh had 22 passengers on board.
Some people survived the accident as they managed to swim to the shore, SP Mohan Joshi, Kailali police chief said.
Four persons were rescued by India`s Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) and Nepal police, media reports said.
Police and local people have launched search operation to find the missing people and the ill-fated boat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka