Four members of anti-Taliban militia shot dead in Pakistan
Islamabad: Four members of an anti-Taliban militia were shot dead by unidentified gunmen on the outskirts of Peshawar city in northwest Pakistan Wednesday, police said.
The incident occurred in Badabher, a suburb of Peshawar, the capital of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.
The bullet-riddled bodies of the militia members were found in a house they had rented in the area, police official said.
The men belonged to the Khyber tribal region, where several militant groups are active.
Police officials said they suspected the tribesmen were killed because they were members of a `lashkar` or anti-Taliban militia.
No group claimed responsibility for the killings. Several tribesmen supporting a government offensive against militant groups in Khyber Agency have been killed by rebels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!