Four members of anti-Taliban militia shot dead in Pakistan
Islamabad: Four members of an anti-Taliban militia were shot dead by unidentified gunmen on the outskirts of Peshawar city in northwest Pakistan Wednesday, police said.
The incident occurred in Badabher, a suburb of Peshawar, the capital of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.
The bullet-riddled bodies of the militia members were found in a house they had rented in the area, police official said.
The men belonged to the Khyber tribal region, where several militant groups are active.
Police officials said they suspected the tribesmen were killed because they were members of a `lashkar` or anti-Taliban militia.
No group claimed responsibility for the killings. Several tribesmen supporting a government offensive against militant groups in Khyber Agency have been killed by rebels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video