Four soldiers killed in suicide bombing in Pakistan
Islamabad: At least four soldiers were killed and three others injured on Thursday in a suicide attack on a security check-post in Pakistan`s restive North Waziristan tribal region.
A suicide bomber struck his explosive-laden vehicle into a security check-post in Watta Khel, killing four and injuring three other officials, according to sources.
Following the attack, fire erupted at the check-post resulting in casualties. In retaliation, the security forces began aerial firing.
Residents said they also heard firing after the attack.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
Major Taliban group in the region led by Hafiz Gul Bahadar has signed a peace deal with the government in North Waziristan. Both do not attack each other under the agreement.
Some other militant groups, including the banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), operate in the region.
The authorities blame the TTP and its affiliated groups for these attacks.
The suicide bombing occurred a day after the US drone killed 17 suspected militants in North Waziristan.
The US and Afghan officials allege that the militants use North Waziristan as launching pad for cross-border attacks in Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves