German chow hall poisons soldiers in Afghanistan

A total of 206 International Security Assistance Force soldiers fell ill after eating canteen food.

Berlin: About 200 international coalition soldiers in Afghanistan contracted food poisoning after eating at a German military dining facility, the Defence Ministry in Berlin said on Thursday.
A total of 206 International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) soldiers, 138 of them German, fell ill after eating canteen food at Camp Marmal in Mazar-i-Sharif camp in north Afghanistan.
"The intervention capacity of the troops has not been affected" by the incident, said the ministry, adding the kitchen has since been sterilised.

PTI

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. You can find out more by clicking this link

Close