Grenade attack on Karachi departmental store
Islamabad: At least one person was injured when motorcycle-borne attackers lobbed a hand grenade attack at an international departmental store in Pakistan`s port city of Karachi, Geo News reported.
The attack on the store located in Gulshan-e-Iqbal area came after extortionists threatened traders in the area with dire consequences if they did not submit to their demands.
Police said "blackmailers" could be behind the attack as they had been sending demand slips to shopkeepers asking for large amounts of money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok