IHC orders case registration against Musharraf over Lal Masjid operation
Islamabad: The Islamabad High Court (IHC) has ordered a case should be registered against former president General (retd) Pervez Musharraf for his alleged role in the Lal Masjid operation.
IHC`s Justice Noorul Haq Qureshi issued the order during the hearing of a petition filed by Haroon Rasheed, son of Lal Masjid`s Ghazi Abdul Rasheed, against Musharraf for his involvement in the killing of his father and grandmother.
According to Dawn News, the Lal Masjid operation was the government`s crackdown on the controversial pro-Taliban mosque in Islamabad in 2007.
The operation ended in a bloody eight-day siege killing at least 58 Pakistani troops and seminary students.
A number of witnesses in their statements had alleged that Musharraf was responsible for the action, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice