IHC orders case registration against Musharraf over Lal Masjid operation
Islamabad: The Islamabad High Court (IHC) has ordered a case should be registered against former president General (retd) Pervez Musharraf for his alleged role in the Lal Masjid operation.
IHC`s Justice Noorul Haq Qureshi issued the order during the hearing of a petition filed by Haroon Rasheed, son of Lal Masjid`s Ghazi Abdul Rasheed, against Musharraf for his involvement in the killing of his father and grandmother.
According to Dawn News, the Lal Masjid operation was the government`s crackdown on the controversial pro-Taliban mosque in Islamabad in 2007.
The operation ended in a bloody eight-day siege killing at least 58 Pakistani troops and seminary students.
A number of witnesses in their statements had alleged that Musharraf was responsible for the action, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!