IHC orders case registration against Musharraf over Lal Masjid operation
Islamabad: The Islamabad High Court (IHC) has ordered a case should be registered against former president General (retd) Pervez Musharraf for his alleged role in the Lal Masjid operation.
IHC`s Justice Noorul Haq Qureshi issued the order during the hearing of a petition filed by Haroon Rasheed, son of Lal Masjid`s Ghazi Abdul Rasheed, against Musharraf for his involvement in the killing of his father and grandmother.
According to Dawn News, the Lal Masjid operation was the government`s crackdown on the controversial pro-Taliban mosque in Islamabad in 2007.
The operation ended in a bloody eight-day siege killing at least 58 Pakistani troops and seminary students.
A number of witnesses in their statements had alleged that Musharraf was responsible for the action, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery