Imran Khan demands Pak President Asif Zardari’s resignation
Islamabad: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chief Imran Khan asked President Asif Ali Zardari to step down on Tuesday.
Addressing a press conference he made it clear that change in Pakistan is possible only through transparent public mandate and election reforms are necessary for that.
He also accused the President for embezzlement of public funds for personal luxuries. He added that fair elections can never take place under his leadership.
"The government should immediately announce the election schedule as we don`t want any collusion between the Pakistan People`s Party and the PML-N in forming the caretaker set-up," he demanded.
At the same time he announced a ‘Tsunami march’ against the issue and said that it would ensure that the verdict of Supreme Court is implemented. The Supreme Court on Tuesday ordered the arrest of Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf in the Rs 22 billion Rental Power Projects (RPP) scam.
Earlier today in an aggressive challenge, popular cleric Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri put the Pakistani government on notice and demanded the President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf resign immediately.
Spearheading a million-man march at Islamabad’s Jinnah Avenue, Qadri roared that the present government had only brought misery to its people and hence must resign and an interim government, backed by the military, take over.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video