Imran Khan demands Pak President Asif Zardari’s resignation
Islamabad: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chief Imran Khan asked President Asif Ali Zardari to step down on Tuesday.
Addressing a press conference he made it clear that change in Pakistan is possible only through transparent public mandate and election reforms are necessary for that.
He also accused the President for embezzlement of public funds for personal luxuries. He added that fair elections can never take place under his leadership.
"The government should immediately announce the election schedule as we don`t want any collusion between the Pakistan People`s Party and the PML-N in forming the caretaker set-up," he demanded.
At the same time he announced a ‘Tsunami march’ against the issue and said that it would ensure that the verdict of Supreme Court is implemented. The Supreme Court on Tuesday ordered the arrest of Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf in the Rs 22 billion Rental Power Projects (RPP) scam.
Earlier today in an aggressive challenge, popular cleric Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri put the Pakistani government on notice and demanded the President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf resign immediately.
Spearheading a million-man march at Islamabad’s Jinnah Avenue, Qadri roared that the present government had only brought misery to its people and hence must resign and an interim government, backed by the military, take over.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'