Indian woman travels to Pak with fake passport to meet `lover`
Lahore: An Indian woman was deported from the airport here when she flew in from Doha using a fake Pakistani passport to meet a man she had fallen in love with after meeting on a social networking website.
Nagita Ramesh, who is in her twenties and hails from Gujarat state, arrived at Lahore international airport from Doha yesterday to meet Azhar, a resident of Multan city in Punjab province.
"She had come in an early morning flight. We detained her after checking her documents and eventually deported her back to Doha," an immigration official told PTI.
She told investigation officers that she "fell in love" with Azhar after interacting with him on social media. She also said she had converted to Islam.
The passport she was travelling with identified her as Nimra.
Investigators also interrogated Azhar, who had come to the airport to receive her, before allowing him to return to Multan.
Asked why the woman was not arrested, the immigration official said, "As per the law, we cannot arrest her. We deport all persons who come in with fake papers."
Indian officials in Islamabad said they were yet to be officially informed about the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31