Indian woman travels to Pak with fake passport to meet `lover`
Lahore: An Indian woman was deported from the airport here when she flew in from Doha using a fake Pakistani passport to meet a man she had fallen in love with after meeting on a social networking website.
Nagita Ramesh, who is in her twenties and hails from Gujarat state, arrived at Lahore international airport from Doha yesterday to meet Azhar, a resident of Multan city in Punjab province.
"She had come in an early morning flight. We detained her after checking her documents and eventually deported her back to Doha," an immigration official told PTI.
She told investigation officers that she "fell in love" with Azhar after interacting with him on social media. She also said she had converted to Islam.
The passport she was travelling with identified her as Nimra.
Investigators also interrogated Azhar, who had come to the airport to receive her, before allowing him to return to Multan.
Asked why the woman was not arrested, the immigration official said, "As per the law, we cannot arrest her. We deport all persons who come in with fake papers."
Indian officials in Islamabad said they were yet to be officially informed about the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city