Islamabad civic body goes on austerity drive
Islamabad: As part of measures to cope with the unremitting financial crises it is facing, the Islamabad`s civic body has decided to take back all vehicles and cell phones which it earlier provided to some of its officials.
The Capital Development Authority (CDA), responsible for providing municipal services in the Islamabad city, has decided to take back all vehicles and mobile phones from Grade 16-18 government employees to lessen the burden, Online news agency reported Wednesday.
The CDA has withdrawn some of the vehicles reportedly being misused by its officials. However, there is no hope of getting back the vehicles from bigwigs in this regard, the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory