Judge shot by guard in Islamabad court attack: Minister
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan has revealed that additional sessions judge Rafaqat Ahmed Khan Awan was shot by his own guard during the terrorist attack on the district court in Islamabad Monday, media reported.
Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan made this revelation during the National Assembly session Thursday. The post-mortem examination report of the judge showed that he was shot three times by the security guard. The guard has confessed to his crime, Dawn online cited the minister as saying.
The latest report submitted by Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan at the National Assembly session also mentioned that a total of 12 people were killed while 28 other sustained injuries.
The interior minister added that the main target of the attack was a judge who was not present at the court on the day of the blasts.
Intelligence and security agencies had received information about possible attack, but it was too early to claim who was actually behind the attacks, the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’