Judge shot by guard in Islamabad court attack: Minister
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan has revealed that additional sessions judge Rafaqat Ahmed Khan Awan was shot by his own guard during the terrorist attack on the district court in Islamabad Monday, media reported.
Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan made this revelation during the National Assembly session Thursday. The post-mortem examination report of the judge showed that he was shot three times by the security guard. The guard has confessed to his crime, Dawn online cited the minister as saying.
The latest report submitted by Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan at the National Assembly session also mentioned that a total of 12 people were killed while 28 other sustained injuries.
The interior minister added that the main target of the attack was a judge who was not present at the court on the day of the blasts.
Intelligence and security agencies had received information about possible attack, but it was too early to claim who was actually behind the attacks, the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie