Judge shot by guard in Islamabad court attack: Minister
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan has revealed that additional sessions judge Rafaqat Ahmed Khan Awan was shot by his own guard during the terrorist attack on the district court in Islamabad Monday, media reported.
Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan made this revelation during the National Assembly session Thursday. The post-mortem examination report of the judge showed that he was shot three times by the security guard. The guard has confessed to his crime, Dawn online cited the minister as saying.
The latest report submitted by Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan at the National Assembly session also mentioned that a total of 12 people were killed while 28 other sustained injuries.
The interior minister added that the main target of the attack was a judge who was not present at the court on the day of the blasts.
Intelligence and security agencies had received information about possible attack, but it was too early to claim who was actually behind the attacks, the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!