Kashmir resolution holds key to peace in South Asia: Zardari
Islamabad: Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari has said it is Kashmir that holds the key to peace and prosperity in South Asia, and no durable resolution of this issue is possible without the Kashmiri people themselves being made part of the dialogue process.
Zardari said Pakistan remains committed to finding a peaceful resolution for the Kashmir dispute in accordance with the wishes of the Kashmiri people, reports The Express Tribune.
He said Pakistan would continue to extend to political, moral and diplomatic support to the Kashmiris. Zardari also mentioned a number of confidence building measures between Pakistan and India that have been implemented to facilitate Kashmiris living on both sides of the Line of Control.
Zardari paid tribute to the courage of the Kashmiri people, and said that they had struggled to achieve their right to self-determination for over six decades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Saif Ali Khan injured, rushed to hospital! – Details inside
- BSF prevents entry of 300 Bangladesi nationals in Tripura
- BJP corner Arvind Kejriwal, accuses 'stubborn' AAP of politicizing its mistakes
- Serena Williams battles rivals, self-doubt at Wimbledon
- Top 5 signs that your boyfriend is too controlling!