Kashmir resolution holds key to peace in South Asia: Zardari
Islamabad: Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari has said it is Kashmir that holds the key to peace and prosperity in South Asia, and no durable resolution of this issue is possible without the Kashmiri people themselves being made part of the dialogue process.
Zardari said Pakistan remains committed to finding a peaceful resolution for the Kashmir dispute in accordance with the wishes of the Kashmiri people, reports The Express Tribune.
He said Pakistan would continue to extend to political, moral and diplomatic support to the Kashmiris. Zardari also mentioned a number of confidence building measures between Pakistan and India that have been implemented to facilitate Kashmiris living on both sides of the Line of Control.
Zardari paid tribute to the courage of the Kashmiri people, and said that they had struggled to achieve their right to self-determination for over six decades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!