Lankan police arrest former LTTE members
Colombo: Some 45 ex-members of the LTTE have been arrested during search operations in Jaffna in Sri Lanka`s north, police said here on Wednesday.
"They were arrested as a result of operations carried out over the last month," police spokesman and superintendent Prishantha Jayakodi said.
There were several search operations in Jaffna leading to the arrests, Jayakodi said.
The 45 ex-members of the LTTE were arrested by the police`s Terrorist Investigation Division (TID).
Sri Lankan defence establishment maintains that despite the military defeat of the LTTE in 2009, the group`s remnants and sympathisers are making attempts for revival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?