Manmohan Singh-Nawaz Sharif to meet in September?
Islamabad/New Delhi: Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh are likely to have their first meeting in September in New York on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly, a Pakistani media report said. However, Indian officials said they had no information about such a meeting.
The influential Dawn newspaper quoted Sharif`s Special Advisor on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz as saying that Prime Minister Sharif and Prime Minister Singh were likely to meet in September in New York.
Aziz, a former foreign minister, made the statement after a meeting with Indian External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid in Brunei where both were attending the ASEAN Regional Forum ministerial meeting as observers. The meeting lasted for 20 minutes, said Dawn.
"No such meeting has been planned as of now," said an Indian official.
Aziz said that India had expressed its desire to enhance bilateral relations and wished to take positive steps for improved ties between the two countries, according to Dawn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day