Marine video led to killing of French troops
Kabul: A spokesman for the Afghan military
says a soldier who turned on French troops and killed four of them was angry about a video purporting to show US Marines desecrating the bodies of Taliban insurgents.
Defence Ministry Gen Mohammad Zahir Azimi said today that
the 21-year-old Afghan recruit had viewed the video that was
widely distributed on YouTube and other video-sharing
Azimi said it wasn`t clear if the video was the sole
motivation for the attack last week that also wounded more
than a dozen French troops at a base in eastern Afghanistan.
French investigators are travelling to Afghanistan to
assist the investigation. Last week`s attack was latest of
several by an Afghan soldier on international troops working
with the national army.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!