Marine video led to killing of French troops
Kabul: A spokesman for the Afghan military
says a soldier who turned on French troops and killed four of them was angry about a video purporting to show US Marines desecrating the bodies of Taliban insurgents.
Defence Ministry Gen Mohammad Zahir Azimi said today that
the 21-year-old Afghan recruit had viewed the video that was
widely distributed on YouTube and other video-sharing
Azimi said it wasn`t clear if the video was the sole
motivation for the attack last week that also wounded more
than a dozen French troops at a base in eastern Afghanistan.
French investigators are travelling to Afghanistan to
assist the investigation. Last week`s attack was latest of
several by an Afghan soldier on international troops working
with the national army.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit woe: Pound tumbles, most markets extend losses
- For single women in Maharashtra, owning land can be the difference between life and death
- Gold price climbs 1%, investors seek safe-haven after 'Brexit' vote
- Ranbir Kapoor wants 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' to be his next BIG release?
- LIVE Brexit fallout: Europe triggers sell-off, Sensex falls over 100 points