Militants attack Pak check-post, 8 security person killed
Islamabad: At least eight security personnel were killed on Saturday when unknown assailants attacked their check-post in Pakistan`s southern-western province of Balochistan, officials said.
The attack was launched early this morning at Gulchali check-post in Sarsun area near Iranian border, 100 km from Gwadar city in southern part of province.
According to initial reports, the check-post was manned by paramilitary coast guard.
Balochistan chief secretary Akbar Durrani confirmed that eight soldiers were killed in the attack.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack, but Baloch separatists are active in the area and usually carry out such attack.
They want greater control on the natural resources of the province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!