Militants blow up another girls` school in Pak
Peshawar: Two bombs went off in a government-run primary school for girls in the Barakhel area of Mera Risalpur, District Nowshera in Pakistan, in the early hours of Tuesday, a police official said.
A police official said three classrooms and the main gate, along with the boundary wall of the school, were completely destroyed as a result of the explosion.
"Unidentified persons barged into the school and planted two bombs, each weighing three kilograms, on the outer walls of the classrooms and fled. The explosions occurred when the watchman left his post and went to offer his morning prayers," The Express Tribune quoted Station House Officer Muhammad Ishaq.
He added that an FIR has not been registered so far.
"The number of schools destroyed by anti-literacy militants in the district have reached 16, of which seven were schools for girls and nine were for boys. These people (extremists) are not destroying the schools they are destroying the future of this nation," said Executive District Officer Nowshera, Hasanat Gul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- With an eye on Pak-sponsored terror, Parrikar to seek predator drone tech during US visit
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says, Jacqueline Fernandez
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij donates Rs 50 lakh to private games tournament organised by Dera Sacha Sauda, kicks up row
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- UP BJP to launch 'new voters registration programme'