Militants kill two policemen in Pakistan
Islamabad: Two policemen were killed when a group of militants ambushed a check post on the outskirts of Peshawar city in northwest Pakistan on Thursday, officials said.
The militants targeted the check post in the restive Badabher area, which has witnessed several terrorist attacks in recent years.
The militants, who were armed with automatic weapons, exchanged fire with policemen for about half an hour.
Officials said one of the militants was killed in the gun battle.
Additional security forces rushed to the site and cordoned off the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred