Militants kill two policemen in Pakistan
Islamabad: Two policemen were killed when a group of militants ambushed a check post on the outskirts of Peshawar city in northwest Pakistan on Thursday, officials said.
The militants targeted the check post in the restive Badabher area, which has witnessed several terrorist attacks in recent years.
The militants, who were armed with automatic weapons, exchanged fire with policemen for about half an hour.
Officials said one of the militants was killed in the gun battle.
Additional security forces rushed to the site and cordoned off the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’