Musharraf to announce All Pakistan Muslim League manifesto today
Islamabad: Former Pakistani president Pervez Musharraf will announce the manifesto of his All Pakistan Muslim League (APML) party for the upcoming elections on Monday.
According to APML`s central information secretary Aasia Ishaque, the leader will also announce the party`s candidates from Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
It is not clear how many seats the party would field its candidates for, but according to a party spokesman, the party had received about 600 applications from all over the country for the APML`s ticket, the Dawn reports.
Addressing a news conference in Karachi after his return from self-exile late last month, Musharraf chief had announced that his party would field candidates from all the four provinces.
The general had himself filed nomination papers from four constituencies of the National Assembly, Chitral, Islamabad, Kasur and Karachi, the paper said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack