Musharraf to announce All Pakistan Muslim League manifesto today
Islamabad: Former Pakistani president Pervez Musharraf will announce the manifesto of his All Pakistan Muslim League (APML) party for the upcoming elections on Monday.
According to APML`s central information secretary Aasia Ishaque, the leader will also announce the party`s candidates from Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
It is not clear how many seats the party would field its candidates for, but according to a party spokesman, the party had received about 600 applications from all over the country for the APML`s ticket, the Dawn reports.
Addressing a news conference in Karachi after his return from self-exile late last month, Musharraf chief had announced that his party would field candidates from all the four provinces.
The general had himself filed nomination papers from four constituencies of the National Assembly, Chitral, Islamabad, Kasur and Karachi, the paper said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- Yakub Memon's last words before he was hanged - 'I pardon you'
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment