N-assets a guarantee of national security: Pak
Islamabad: Pakistan is determined to safeguard its nuclear assets which are a guarantee of national security; Lt Gen (retired) Khalid Kidwai, who heads the
organisation that safeguards the country`s nuclear arsenal, said on Monday.
Kidwai made the remarks after witnessing the field training and exercises of the Special Response Force of the Strategic Plans Division (SPD) at a facility on the Potohar plateau near Islamabad.
Addressing the officers and soldiers of the Special Response Force, Kidwai expressed satisfaction over the demonstrated standards of the force.
He reiterated "Pakistan`s determination to safeguard nuclear assets, which are a guarantee of national security", a military statement said.
Kidwai said only the "highest state of readiness will deter threats".He congratulated the trainees and trainers on their "excellent standards while undergoing realistic and strenuous training".
The SPD`s Director General (Security), Maj Gen Muhammad Tahir, and other field commanders also attended the event.
The Pakistani military had announced last year that it would induct an additional 8,000 personnel in the Strategic Plans Division to deter "all types of threats" to the
country`s nuclear weapons and materials. Hundreds of personnel have completed their training since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof