N-assets a guarantee of national security: Pak
Islamabad: Pakistan is determined to safeguard its nuclear assets which are a guarantee of national security; Lt Gen (retired) Khalid Kidwai, who heads the
organisation that safeguards the country`s nuclear arsenal, said on Monday.
Kidwai made the remarks after witnessing the field training and exercises of the Special Response Force of the Strategic Plans Division (SPD) at a facility on the Potohar plateau near Islamabad.
Addressing the officers and soldiers of the Special Response Force, Kidwai expressed satisfaction over the demonstrated standards of the force.
He reiterated "Pakistan`s determination to safeguard nuclear assets, which are a guarantee of national security", a military statement said.
Kidwai said only the "highest state of readiness will deter threats".He congratulated the trainees and trainers on their "excellent standards while undergoing realistic and strenuous training".
The SPD`s Director General (Security), Maj Gen Muhammad Tahir, and other field commanders also attended the event.
The Pakistani military had announced last year that it would induct an additional 8,000 personnel in the Strategic Plans Division to deter "all types of threats" to the
country`s nuclear weapons and materials. Hundreds of personnel have completed their training since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know