NATO containers attacked in Balochistan
Islamabad: Armed men attacked and torched two NATO container trucks bound for Afghanistan in Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan today, security officials said.
The men opened fire at the NATO trucks in Nach area of Khuzdar district.
They set the trucks on fire and fled.
No one was injured in the attack, officials of the Levies militia said.
The trucks carrying supplies for NATO forces in Afghanistan were on their way to the Chaman border crossing.
Levies personnel cordoned off the area and launched a search to track down the attackers.
Pakistan ended a seven-month blockade of supply routes to Afghanistan earlier this month after the US apologised for a NATO air strike that killed 24 Pakistani soldiers last November.
The US and Pakistan have also signed a memorandum of understanding on the transit of NATO supplies to Afghanistan.
There have been several attacks on NATO vehicles after the supply routes were reopened by Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars