NATO containers attacked in Balochistan
Islamabad: Armed men attacked and torched two NATO container trucks bound for Afghanistan in Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan today, security officials said.
The men opened fire at the NATO trucks in Nach area of Khuzdar district.
They set the trucks on fire and fled.
No one was injured in the attack, officials of the Levies militia said.
The trucks carrying supplies for NATO forces in Afghanistan were on their way to the Chaman border crossing.
Levies personnel cordoned off the area and launched a search to track down the attackers.
Pakistan ended a seven-month blockade of supply routes to Afghanistan earlier this month after the US apologised for a NATO air strike that killed 24 Pakistani soldiers last November.
The US and Pakistan have also signed a memorandum of understanding on the transit of NATO supplies to Afghanistan.
There have been several attacks on NATO vehicles after the supply routes were reopened by Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- LeT chief Lakhvi`s son was gunned down by Indian troops in Kashmir: David Headley