NATO troops in Afghan trained to respect Quran
Islamabad: The US-led NATO troops in Afghanistan are reportedly being trained on how to respect the Muslim holy book, Quran.
"It`s probably a little too simplistic to suggest that it`s a simple matter of do`s and don`ts," The Los Angeles Times quoted Lt. Col. George Robinson, a senior officer in the Marine Corps`` language and culture training programs, as saying.
"It`s more a matter of why is the Quran an important," he added.
The training aims to prevent any desecration of the Muslim holy book by foreign troops in Afghanistan.
Under the training, soldiers are advised not to throw the Quran, and to be cautious when dealing with Arabic texts, assuming "material is sacred if there is any doubt over its religious significance."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets