Nawaz Sharif skips meeting with Japanese ambassador
Lahore: Pakistan`s Prime Minister-designate Nawaz Sharif excused himself from a meeting with the Japanese ambassador, with officials of his PML-N party saying he had become selective about meetings with foreign dignitaries because of his busy schedule.
The Japanese envoy came from Islamabad to Sharif`s residence at Raiwind in Lahore yesterday to congratulate him on the PML-N`s victory in the May 11 polls.
Sharif asked his close aide Ishaq Dar to meet Ambassador Hiroshi Oe, a PML-N insider said.
The insider told a news agency that Sharif would only meet ambassadors of selected countries and would not meet all the foreign dignitaries coming to congratulate him.
After his party emerged as the single largest party in the National Assembly or lower house of parliament, Sharif has spent a lot of time on the issue of forming the government at the centre and on fine-tuning a programme to deal with Pakistan’s pressing problems like a crippling energy crisis and the moribund economy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Today in History, 24th September, 2016
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi