Nawaz Sharif skips meeting with Japanese ambassador
Lahore: Pakistan`s Prime Minister-designate Nawaz Sharif excused himself from a meeting with the Japanese ambassador, with officials of his PML-N party saying he had become selective about meetings with foreign dignitaries because of his busy schedule.
The Japanese envoy came from Islamabad to Sharif`s residence at Raiwind in Lahore yesterday to congratulate him on the PML-N`s victory in the May 11 polls.
Sharif asked his close aide Ishaq Dar to meet Ambassador Hiroshi Oe, a PML-N insider said.
The insider told a news agency that Sharif would only meet ambassadors of selected countries and would not meet all the foreign dignitaries coming to congratulate him.
After his party emerged as the single largest party in the National Assembly or lower house of parliament, Sharif has spent a lot of time on the issue of forming the government at the centre and on fine-tuning a programme to deal with Pakistan’s pressing problems like a crippling energy crisis and the moribund economy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY