Nawaz Sharif skips meeting with Japanese ambassador
Lahore: Pakistan`s Prime Minister-designate Nawaz Sharif excused himself from a meeting with the Japanese ambassador, with officials of his PML-N party saying he had become selective about meetings with foreign dignitaries because of his busy schedule.
The Japanese envoy came from Islamabad to Sharif`s residence at Raiwind in Lahore yesterday to congratulate him on the PML-N`s victory in the May 11 polls.
Sharif asked his close aide Ishaq Dar to meet Ambassador Hiroshi Oe, a PML-N insider said.
The insider told a news agency that Sharif would only meet ambassadors of selected countries and would not meet all the foreign dignitaries coming to congratulate him.
After his party emerged as the single largest party in the National Assembly or lower house of parliament, Sharif has spent a lot of time on the issue of forming the government at the centre and on fine-tuning a programme to deal with Pakistan’s pressing problems like a crippling energy crisis and the moribund economy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand