Nawaz Sharif wants terrorism crushed in Pakistan
Islamabad: To crush terrorism in Pakistan, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has called for a more vigilant and modern policing along with effective coordination among all authorities.
Co-chairing a meeting with Punjab Chief Minister Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif in Lahore, Nawaz Sharif asked the police to conduct investigations on merit and help provide speedy justice, reported the Daily Times Sunday.
He directed Punjab`s acting inspector general of police Khan Baig to chalk out a comprehensive strategy using modern technology for better policing. He was speaking on police reforms Saturday.
The prime minister said Pakistan was the only country where hundreds of innocents were being killed in terror attacks.
"Our public places and even mosques ... are attacked by the terrorists."
He said terrorism had severely affected trade and economy, and the country was facing an energy crisis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly