Nawaz Sharif wants terrorism crushed in Pakistan
Islamabad: To crush terrorism in Pakistan, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has called for a more vigilant and modern policing along with effective coordination among all authorities.
Co-chairing a meeting with Punjab Chief Minister Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif in Lahore, Nawaz Sharif asked the police to conduct investigations on merit and help provide speedy justice, reported the Daily Times Sunday.
He directed Punjab`s acting inspector general of police Khan Baig to chalk out a comprehensive strategy using modern technology for better policing. He was speaking on police reforms Saturday.
The prime minister said Pakistan was the only country where hundreds of innocents were being killed in terror attacks.
"Our public places and even mosques ... are attacked by the terrorists."
He said terrorism had severely affected trade and economy, and the country was facing an energy crisis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!