Nawaz Sharif wants terrorism crushed in Pakistan
Islamabad: To crush terrorism in Pakistan, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has called for a more vigilant and modern policing along with effective coordination among all authorities.
Co-chairing a meeting with Punjab Chief Minister Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif in Lahore, Nawaz Sharif asked the police to conduct investigations on merit and help provide speedy justice, reported the Daily Times Sunday.
He directed Punjab`s acting inspector general of police Khan Baig to chalk out a comprehensive strategy using modern technology for better policing. He was speaking on police reforms Saturday.
The prime minister said Pakistan was the only country where hundreds of innocents were being killed in terror attacks.
"Our public places and even mosques ... are attacked by the terrorists."
He said terrorism had severely affected trade and economy, and the country was facing an energy crisis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll
- Renault Kwid 1.0-litre to be launched in India today
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Shraddha Kapoor to come together! No, we aren’t talking about a film
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 pre-registrations begins from today