Nepal Maoist hardline leader flays Prachanda
Kathmandu: A top hardline leader of Nepal`s
ruling UCPN-Maoist on saturday slammed party chief Prachanda for
working against the ideology of the ultra-left organization.
Our chairman has worked against the party line.
Therefore, the agreements will be overturned. People’s
revolution is the basic ideology of the party," he said.
He threatened to overturn the decisions made by a
parliamentary panel headed by Prachanda. He questioned the
concept of unlimited ownership of property agreed by the party
Speaking at a programme in the capital, he accused
Prachanda of working against the party’s ideology in the name
of forging consensus agreements in parliament.
Vaidya has raised objection to the panel`s decisions,
including the proposal to use of the term ‘Armed Struggle’
instead of People’s War and end the limit on ownership of
In October, the hardline leader had raised a banner of
revolt against the Bilateral Investment Promotion and
Protection Agreement (BIPPA) inked between India and Nepal in
a bid to help reduce the cost of doing business by
entrepreneurs of the two countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says