Nepal students block roads to protest fuel hike
Kathmandu: Students in Nepal are burning tires to block traffic on key roads in the capital and in an eastern town to protest a government decision to boost the prices of gasoline, diesel and cooking fuel.
Police say there have been no reports of violence in the protests on Thursday in Kathmandu and in the eastern town of Itahari.
The government decided on Wednesday to increase prices of various fuels by an average of 10 percent.
State-run Nepal Oil Corp imports all oil products from India and says it had to increase the price because the cost of its supplies had increased and because it was facing losses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Captured: Witness 70 tiger sharks ripping apart a dead whale! - Watch video
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 56: Delhi Daredevils vs Royal Challengers Bangalore — As it happened...
- Revealed! Alia Bhatt to essay the role of a rape victim in 'Udta Punjab'
- This Gurudwara in Iran is a must-visit for Indians, PM Modi too visited on Sunday
- Check out: 7 ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL things to do in Kovalam beach, Kerala!