Nepalese minister detained at Abu Dhabi airport
Kathmandu: A key Nepalese Maoist Minister
faced embarrassment when he was detained at Abu Dhabi
International Airport by security for over four hours for not
having travel visa to Germany.
Lokendra Bista Magar, Minister for Tourism and Civil
Aviation and central member of Unified CPN-Maoist, who was
travelling to Germany on an official visit, was stopped by the
police at the airport and questioned for four hours as he was
travelling without a visa stamp in his passport, according to
Bista, accompanied by his wife Ganga, reached Abu Dhabi from Kathmandu on Monday on his way to attend a five day ITB Berlin Convention 2012 from March 7 to 12 to promote Nepalese
Nepalese Embassy in UAE had to intervene to rescue the
stranded minister by applying for a visa for the minister, who
had to spent two nights at a hotel near the airport in
The minister`s travails were due to misunderstanding of
his aide, who mistook a visa request note by the foreign
ministry to the German Embassy for a travel visa.
Bista is the first Nepali politician who was interrogated
by foreign security personnel at any international airport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Delhi HC puts on hold JNU action against Umar, Anirban
- IPL 2016, Qualifier 2: GL vs SRH – 5 facts you must know ahead of virtual semi-final
- China to send lunar probe 'Chang'e 5' on moon!
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared on May 30. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in
- Barack Obama arrives at Hiroshima atomic bomb park