Nepalese President asks people to vote in Nov 19 CA polls
Kathmandu: President Ram Baran Yadav has asked Nepalese people to help in drafting a new constitution by utilising the opportunity to vote in the November 19 Constituent Assembly elections in a free and fair manner.
"Nepalese of all religion, class, caste and sex should maintain and build a spirit of goodwill, brotherhood and fraternity and utilise this opportunity to receive the peoples` mandate for the same," he said in his message on the occasion of the national festival Vijaya Dashami.
Festivals like Vijaya Dashami bring together individuals, families and society, and serve as important medium to express ones social and cultural identity, he said.
"The November 19 elections is the only option available at present for maintaining peace and prosperity of Nepal and the Nepalese people," chairman of the Council of Ministers Khil Raj Regmi said in a separate message.
Making the elections successful is the top priority and goal of the present government, he said.
Nepalese people today observed the 10th day of the Hindu festival Vijaya Dashami.
On the 10th day, people will today receive tika or red vermilion powder mixed with curd and rice on their forehead as blessings and good luck from elders.
President Yadav will put tika on the forehead of officials, journalists, distinguished people and the general public, whoever visits the Rastrapati Bhawan on the occasion.
Maintaining the age-old tradition, dethroned King Gyanendra is also making preparations at his residence at Nirmal Niwas on the outskirt of Kathmandu to put tika to his loyalists on Vijaya Dashami.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics