New cabinet to be formed in Bangladesh on Sunday
Dhaka: The new cabinet in Bangladesh will be formed and sworn in on Sunday, when President Abdul Hamid will administer oath of office to new ministers, officials said on Thursday.
The new cabinet will have 30 members but Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is likely to drop several ministers who have been accused of poor performance or corruption, the mass circulation Prothom Alo newspaper quoting its sources as saying.
Earlier today, Awami League chief Hasina, 66, was unanimously elected as leader of the AL Parliamentary Party.
Veteran politicians with a good image will be inducted in view of the "critical political situation", cabinet division officials were quoted as saying.
The ruling Awami League clinched a landslide victory in the parliamentary election on January 5 by bagging 231 seats in the face of a boycott of the polls by the BNP-led 18-party opposition alliance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Wimbledon: Leander Paes and Rohan Bopanna face-off likely in pre-quarters
- Pak envoy Abdul Basit unfazed by LeT attack in J&K's Pampore, says 'let's enjoy Iftar party'
- Euro 2016: Italy`s Antonio Candreva to miss pre-quarters clash with Spain
- India has a very big infrastructure programme: Arun Jaitley
- Germany's Merkel calls for sober EU divorce talks with 'partner' Britain