New cabinet to be formed in Bangladesh on Sunday
Dhaka: The new cabinet in Bangladesh will be formed and sworn in on Sunday, when President Abdul Hamid will administer oath of office to new ministers, officials said on Thursday.
The new cabinet will have 30 members but Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is likely to drop several ministers who have been accused of poor performance or corruption, the mass circulation Prothom Alo newspaper quoting its sources as saying.
Earlier today, Awami League chief Hasina, 66, was unanimously elected as leader of the AL Parliamentary Party.
Veteran politicians with a good image will be inducted in view of the "critical political situation", cabinet division officials were quoted as saying.
The ruling Awami League clinched a landslide victory in the parliamentary election on January 5 by bagging 231 seats in the face of a boycott of the polls by the BNP-led 18-party opposition alliance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?