New cabinet to be formed in Bangladesh on Sunday
Dhaka: The new cabinet in Bangladesh will be formed and sworn in on Sunday, when President Abdul Hamid will administer oath of office to new ministers, officials said on Thursday.
The new cabinet will have 30 members but Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is likely to drop several ministers who have been accused of poor performance or corruption, the mass circulation Prothom Alo newspaper quoting its sources as saying.
Earlier today, Awami League chief Hasina, 66, was unanimously elected as leader of the AL Parliamentary Party.
Veteran politicians with a good image will be inducted in view of the "critical political situation", cabinet division officials were quoted as saying.
The ruling Awami League clinched a landslide victory in the parliamentary election on January 5 by bagging 231 seats in the face of a boycott of the polls by the BNP-led 18-party opposition alliance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Sensex zooms 391 points to hit 1-week high
- Inclusion of Pakistani players will raise importance, status of Indian Premier League: Zaheer Abbas
- Bihar journalist Rajdeo Ranjan's murder: Major breakthrough - Five shooters arrested in connection with case
- Primordial black holes and dark matter are linked: NASA
- Check UBSE / UEEB 10th Results 2016: Uttarakhand / Uttaranchal (UK) Board Class 10th Exam Results 2016 announced