New cabinet to be formed in Bangladesh on Sunday
Dhaka: The new cabinet in Bangladesh will be formed and sworn in on Sunday, when President Abdul Hamid will administer oath of office to new ministers, officials said on Thursday.
The new cabinet will have 30 members but Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is likely to drop several ministers who have been accused of poor performance or corruption, the mass circulation Prothom Alo newspaper quoting its sources as saying.
Earlier today, Awami League chief Hasina, 66, was unanimously elected as leader of the AL Parliamentary Party.
Veteran politicians with a good image will be inducted in view of the "critical political situation", cabinet division officials were quoted as saying.
The ruling Awami League clinched a landslide victory in the parliamentary election on January 5 by bagging 231 seats in the face of a boycott of the polls by the BNP-led 18-party opposition alliance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read