New cabinet to be formed in Bangladesh on Sunday
Dhaka: The new cabinet in Bangladesh will be formed and sworn in on Sunday, when President Abdul Hamid will administer oath of office to new ministers, officials said on Thursday.
The new cabinet will have 30 members but Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is likely to drop several ministers who have been accused of poor performance or corruption, the mass circulation Prothom Alo newspaper quoting its sources as saying.
Earlier today, Awami League chief Hasina, 66, was unanimously elected as leader of the AL Parliamentary Party.
Veteran politicians with a good image will be inducted in view of the "critical political situation", cabinet division officials were quoted as saying.
The ruling Awami League clinched a landslide victory in the parliamentary election on January 5 by bagging 231 seats in the face of a boycott of the polls by the BNP-led 18-party opposition alliance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?