Nine injured in Peshawar blast
Islamabad: At least nine people, including a child and three policemen, were injured on Sunday when a bomb exploded near a police post in Peshawar, the fourth such attack in the northwestern Pakistani city in as many days.
The blast occurred on the Ring Road near Mal Mandi, Superintendent of Police Shafi Ullah told reporters.
The explosion, which targeted a police check post, damaged the structure`s outer wall and a vehicle, he said.
Officials described the condition of one of the injured policemen as serious.
The wounded were taken to a nearby hospital.
Shafi Ullah said about five kilograms of explosives were used in the attack.
Security personnel cordoned off the area and launched a search operation.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
This was the fourth bomb blast in Peshawar in as many days.
Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa police chief Akbar Khan Hoti said policemen were again being targeted by militants.
On May 10, a security forces convoy was targeted with a roadside bomb at Bazidkhel on the outskirts of Peshawar though there were no casualties.
The following day, a senior police official had a narrow escape when his vehicle was targeted with a roadside bomb in Chughulpura area.
Yesterday, a policeman was killed and 17 others were injured when a police van was targeted with a bomb in Gulbahar area of Peshawar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days