Nine injured in Peshawar blast
Islamabad: At least nine people, including a child and three policemen, were injured on Sunday when a bomb exploded near a police post in Peshawar, the fourth such attack in the northwestern Pakistani city in as many days.
The blast occurred on the Ring Road near Mal Mandi, Superintendent of Police Shafi Ullah told reporters.
The explosion, which targeted a police check post, damaged the structure`s outer wall and a vehicle, he said.
Officials described the condition of one of the injured policemen as serious.
The wounded were taken to a nearby hospital.
Shafi Ullah said about five kilograms of explosives were used in the attack.
Security personnel cordoned off the area and launched a search operation.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
This was the fourth bomb blast in Peshawar in as many days.
Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa police chief Akbar Khan Hoti said policemen were again being targeted by militants.
On May 10, a security forces convoy was targeted with a roadside bomb at Bazidkhel on the outskirts of Peshawar though there were no casualties.
The following day, a senior police official had a narrow escape when his vehicle was targeted with a roadside bomb in Chughulpura area.
Yesterday, a policeman was killed and 17 others were injured when a police van was targeted with a bomb in Gulbahar area of Peshawar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Bada Kabristan
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened