Oil tanker set on fire in northern Afghanistan
Pul-e-Khumri: Unknown armed men opened fire on and set ablaze an oil tanker in Afghanistan`s northern Baghlan province Saturday, reported Xinhua citing the local police.
"Unidentified armed men targeted an oil tanker with assault rifle in Dushi district today (Saturday) morning burning the oil tanker," provincial police chief`s deputy Sayed Zaman Hussaini told Xinhua.
Dushi is 160 km north of Kabul.
Without giving more details, he said that investigation is underway.
Locals at the site of incident claimed that the tanker was supplying fuel to NATO-led troops when Taliban militants attacked the vehicle and set it afire.
Taliban militants have yet to comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest