Oil tanker set on fire in northern Afghanistan
Pul-e-Khumri: Unknown armed men opened fire on and set ablaze an oil tanker in Afghanistan`s northern Baghlan province Saturday, reported Xinhua citing the local police.
"Unidentified armed men targeted an oil tanker with assault rifle in Dushi district today (Saturday) morning burning the oil tanker," provincial police chief`s deputy Sayed Zaman Hussaini told Xinhua.
Dushi is 160 km north of Kabul.
Without giving more details, he said that investigation is underway.
Locals at the site of incident claimed that the tanker was supplying fuel to NATO-led troops when Taliban militants attacked the vehicle and set it afire.
Taliban militants have yet to comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing