Oil tanker set on fire in northern Afghanistan
Pul-e-Khumri: Unknown armed men opened fire on and set ablaze an oil tanker in Afghanistan`s northern Baghlan province Saturday, reported Xinhua citing the local police.
"Unidentified armed men targeted an oil tanker with assault rifle in Dushi district today (Saturday) morning burning the oil tanker," provincial police chief`s deputy Sayed Zaman Hussaini told Xinhua.
Dushi is 160 km north of Kabul.
Without giving more details, he said that investigation is underway.
Locals at the site of incident claimed that the tanker was supplying fuel to NATO-led troops when Taliban militants attacked the vehicle and set it afire.
Taliban militants have yet to comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Each passing year is a reward for me, says Amitabh Bachchan on his 73rd birthday
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off