Oil tanker set on fire in northern Afghanistan
Pul-e-Khumri: Unknown armed men opened fire on and set ablaze an oil tanker in Afghanistan`s northern Baghlan province Saturday, reported Xinhua citing the local police.
"Unidentified armed men targeted an oil tanker with assault rifle in Dushi district today (Saturday) morning burning the oil tanker," provincial police chief`s deputy Sayed Zaman Hussaini told Xinhua.
Dushi is 160 km north of Kabul.
Without giving more details, he said that investigation is underway.
Locals at the site of incident claimed that the tanker was supplying fuel to NATO-led troops when Taliban militants attacked the vehicle and set it afire.
Taliban militants have yet to comment.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way