PAF Mirage crashes in eastern Punjab
Islamabad: A Mirage fighter jet of the Pakistan Air Force crashed in the eastern Punjab province on Wednesday though its pilot ejected safely, an official spokesman said.
The jet crashed near Thal town in Bhakkar district.
The aircraft was on a routine operational training mission, the PAF spokesman said.
The pilot ejected safely and there were no reports of casualties or damage to property on the ground, the spokesman said.
A board of inquiry has been instituted by Air Headquarters to ascertain the cause of the accident, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say