Pak: 70 die from substandard medicine
Islamabad: At least 70 patients at a hospital in Pakistan`s Lahore city have died so far from taking substandard medicine, a media report said.
The 70 who died over a period of time were patients at the Punjab Institute of Cardiology, reported Geo News.
The patients were either receiving treatment at the institute or had taken medicines distributed by the institute.
Interior Minister Rehman Malik has directed authorities to take action and register cases against three pharmaceutical companies which supplied the medicines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand