Pak: 70 die from substandard medicine
Islamabad: At least 70 patients at a hospital in Pakistan`s Lahore city have died so far from taking substandard medicine, a media report said.
The 70 who died over a period of time were patients at the Punjab Institute of Cardiology, reported Geo News.
The patients were either receiving treatment at the institute or had taken medicines distributed by the institute.
Interior Minister Rehman Malik has directed authorities to take action and register cases against three pharmaceutical companies which supplied the medicines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi wants permanent Odd-Even, finds survey
- Now, BSF installs laser walls on Indo-Pak border to check infiltration: Reports
- Notice being served on those named in Panama Papers: Arun Jaitley
- CBI begins probe into Harish Rawat sting CD case
- Asia Badminton Championship: Saina Nehwal enters semis, plays Wang Yihan of China