Pak: 70 die from substandard medicine
Islamabad: At least 70 patients at a hospital in Pakistan`s Lahore city have died so far from taking substandard medicine, a media report said.
The 70 who died over a period of time were patients at the Punjab Institute of Cardiology, reported Geo News.
The patients were either receiving treatment at the institute or had taken medicines distributed by the institute.
Interior Minister Rehman Malik has directed authorities to take action and register cases against three pharmaceutical companies which supplied the medicines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users