‘Pak accords top priority to safety of its nukes`
Islamabad: Pakistani Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar has told the United Nations that her country accords the “highest priority” to ensuring a fool-proof safety and security mechanism for the nation’s nuclear programme.
“Nuclear security is both a global challenge and a national responsibility,” Khar said.
“Over the years, we have put in place extensive physical protection measures, robust command and control structures, comprehensive export controls and wide-ranging regulatory regimes,” she added.
According to the Daily Times, Khar’s remarks on Friday came during a speech to a high-level meeting on Countering Nuclear Terrorism.
Khar also met with her Iranian counterpart Dr Ali Akbar Salehi on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly session, the report said.
According to the paper, the two foreign ministers discussed various aspects of the bilateral relations and noted with satisfaction that the intense and frequent interaction at the leadership level had put the relationship on the right path.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!