‘Pak accords top priority to safety of its nukes`
Islamabad: Pakistani Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar has told the United Nations that her country accords the “highest priority” to ensuring a fool-proof safety and security mechanism for the nation’s nuclear programme.
“Nuclear security is both a global challenge and a national responsibility,” Khar said.
“Over the years, we have put in place extensive physical protection measures, robust command and control structures, comprehensive export controls and wide-ranging regulatory regimes,” she added.
According to the Daily Times, Khar’s remarks on Friday came during a speech to a high-level meeting on Countering Nuclear Terrorism.
Khar also met with her Iranian counterpart Dr Ali Akbar Salehi on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly session, the report said.
According to the paper, the two foreign ministers discussed various aspects of the bilateral relations and noted with satisfaction that the intense and frequent interaction at the leadership level had put the relationship on the right path.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday