Pak Air Force pilot killed in jet crash
Islamabad: A PAF pilot was killed when his Mirage combat jet crashed during a night training mission in Pakistan`s Punjab province, an official statement said on Friday.
The jet crashed near Thal Range Jhang district late last night.
Squadron Leader Bilal Hassan Babri sustained fatal injuries in the crash and was killed, the statement said.
No loss of civilian life or property on the ground has been reported.
A board of inquiry has been ordered to determine the cause of the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'