Pak anti-terrorism court rejects plea for unfreezing Musharraf’s assets
Islamabad: The Rawalpindi Anti-Terrorism Court (ATC) has rejected Sehba Musharraf’s plea calling for unfreezing assets of her husband Pervez Musharraf.
Musharraf was proclaimed an offender of the Benazir Bhutto murder case by the Anti Terrorism Court in 2011.
The former Pakistan president’s bank accounts were frozen and his property taken over by the courts.
Sehba, who has filed an application against the order, said that since her husband gifted their farm house in Islamabad to her, the court illegally ordered its confiscation.
According to the Express Tribune, she also mentioned in her application, that the money in their bank accounts were reserved for the welfare of the general population, hence they cannot be frozen.
Musharraf, who has been in a self-imposed exile, faces arrest warrants for his connection to the Lal Masjid operation and the killings of Baloch leader Nawab Akber Bugti in 2006 and former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto in 2007.
Musharraf is now the chairman of his own political party All Pakistan Muslim League (APML).
In the past, he has said that he would contest elections from Chitral.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray