Pak Army ‘trust us’ mantra not going to work, Osama spent years hidden
Islamabad: The long standing mantra of the Pakistani army ‘trust us, guys’ is not going to work further after the Abbottabad commission report revealed that Osama bin Laden spent years in Pakistan hidden, according to an editorial in a Pakistani daily.
A report in the Dawn News said that Osama being killed on Pakistani soil by US troops is surely one of the staggering national-security lapses in the country’s history.
A large scale appeal made in this report has urged the Pakistani government to release the commission report on the slain al-Qaeda leader.
The report cited that the government of Pakistan did not release the Abbottabad Commission report for public, which was handed over to former prime minister Raja Pervez Ashraf in January.
According to the report, it is assumed that the responsibility for the secrecy lay with the military leadership.
But the country focuses more on the embarrassment that will be caused nationally and internationally by a comprehensive official account of such an episode that has led to undermine national security, report said.
To conclude, it will be inevitable for the Pakistani government to officially release the report because it will form basis for any prosecutions deemed necessary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried