Pak Army ‘trust us’ mantra not going to work, Osama spent years hidden
Islamabad: The long standing mantra of the Pakistani army ‘trust us, guys’ is not going to work further after the Abbottabad commission report revealed that Osama bin Laden spent years in Pakistan hidden, according to an editorial in a Pakistani daily.
A report in the Dawn News said that Osama being killed on Pakistani soil by US troops is surely one of the staggering national-security lapses in the country’s history.
A large scale appeal made in this report has urged the Pakistani government to release the commission report on the slain al-Qaeda leader.
The report cited that the government of Pakistan did not release the Abbottabad Commission report for public, which was handed over to former prime minister Raja Pervez Ashraf in January.
According to the report, it is assumed that the responsibility for the secrecy lay with the military leadership.
But the country focuses more on the embarrassment that will be caused nationally and internationally by a comprehensive official account of such an episode that has led to undermine national security, report said.
To conclude, it will be inevitable for the Pakistani government to officially release the report because it will form basis for any prosecutions deemed necessary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement