Pak bus attack: Nine killed, 12 injured
Karachi: At least nine people were killed and 12 injured on Friday when unknown assailants opened indiscriminate fire on a passenger bus going from Karachi to Swabi in Pakistan`s restive Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.
Around 50 passengers were on board when four armed men boarded the bus travelling along the National Highway in Nawabshah area of Sindh and opened indiscriminate fire, DIG Sanaullah Abbasi told reporters.
The Deputy Superintendent of Police Sardar Khan Chandio said the Sindhu Desh Liberation Army, a separatist outfit which claims to be fighting for the rights of Sindh province, has claimed the responsibility for the attack.
All the gunmen fled after the attack that left seven people dead and three injured, police said.
Abbasi described the gunmen as terrorists while some reports said the attack was an attempted robbery.
President Asif Ali Zardari condemned the brutal attack and directed authorities to bring the gunmen to justice. He also asked authorities to submit a report on the incident.
According to media reports, the attack was revenge for the murder of Jeay Sindh Muttahida Mahaz (JSMM) leader Muzaffar Bhutto, whose body was found in Hyderabad after 15 months of his disappearance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...