Pak election candidate escapes bid on life
Islamabad: A candidate in Pakistan`s upcoming general election had a narrow escape today when a suicide bomber blew himself up near his motorcade in southern Sindh province, injuring two persons.
The attacker targeted National People`s Party leader Ibrahim Jatoi`s convoy at a toll plaza in Shikarpur area this morning.
Jatoi told the media that he was not injured by the blast.
Two of Jatoi`s supporters were wounded and two vehicles in the motorcade were destroyed.
Jatoi is contesting polls to a parliamentary seat in Shikarpur area.
Police officials confirmed the attack had been carried out by a suicide bomber.
They said they had found the head and body parts of the attacker.
Security forces cordoned off the area and launched a search operation after the attack.
At Dera Murad Jamali in Balochistan province, a car bomb went off near the motorcade of independent candidate Allahdino Umrani though there were no casualties.
No group claimed responsibility for both attacks, the latest in a series of bombings targeting politicians and campaign meetings ahead of Pakistan’s landmark May 11 general election, which will mark the first democratic transition of power in the country’s history.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev