Pak fisherman dies after 13 years in Indian jail
Islamabad: A Pakistani fisherman has died after languishing in a prison in India for 13 years, a newspaper reported Sunday.
The body of 32-year-old Nawaz Ali Jat, who died Sep 8 in a hospital in Ahmedabad, will be sent to Karachi on a Pakistani flight Monday, the News International said.
Jat went missing in May 1999 with three relatives -- Usman Sachu, Zaman Jat and Usman Jat -- after a devastating cyclone hit Pakistan`s coastal areas.
Mai Bhagi, his mother-in-law, said his parents had become paralyzed with a mysterious disease a few years back.
"Now (that) it is confirmed that our people are in their jail (India) for the last 13 years, what are the governments in Pakistan and India doing for their release?" she asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre