Pak fisherman dies after 13 years in Indian jail
Islamabad: A Pakistani fisherman has died after languishing in a prison in India for 13 years, a newspaper reported Sunday.
The body of 32-year-old Nawaz Ali Jat, who died Sep 8 in a hospital in Ahmedabad, will be sent to Karachi on a Pakistani flight Monday, the News International said.
Jat went missing in May 1999 with three relatives -- Usman Sachu, Zaman Jat and Usman Jat -- after a devastating cyclone hit Pakistan`s coastal areas.
Mai Bhagi, his mother-in-law, said his parents had become paralyzed with a mysterious disease a few years back.
"Now (that) it is confirmed that our people are in their jail (India) for the last 13 years, what are the governments in Pakistan and India doing for their release?" she asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video