Pak SC admits `blasphemy` petition against Sherry Rehman
Islamabad: The Supreme Court of Pakistan has admitted a petition filed against Sherry Rehman over allegedly committing blasphemy.
The petition against Rehman, the Pakistan`s ambassador to the United States, was filed by Faheem Akhtar Gill, a citizen of Multan.
Gul had requested to the court to register a case against Rehman for allegedly committing blasphemy, reports The Dawn.
The petition claims that Rehman had committed blasphemy while speaking on a news channel two years ago. The petition was heard by a two-judge bench of the apex court comprising Justice Anwar Zaheer Jamali and Justice Ejaz Afzal, who directed CCPO Multan to take action in accordance with the law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender