Pak SC admits `blasphemy` petition against Sherry Rehman
Islamabad: The Supreme Court of Pakistan has admitted a petition filed against Sherry Rehman over allegedly committing blasphemy.
The petition against Rehman, the Pakistan`s ambassador to the United States, was filed by Faheem Akhtar Gill, a citizen of Multan.
Gul had requested to the court to register a case against Rehman for allegedly committing blasphemy, reports The Dawn.
The petition claims that Rehman had committed blasphemy while speaking on a news channel two years ago. The petition was heard by a two-judge bench of the apex court comprising Justice Anwar Zaheer Jamali and Justice Ejaz Afzal, who directed CCPO Multan to take action in accordance with the law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...