Pak set to produce nuclear safety equipment locally
Islamabad: Having formally received a go-ahead from the country`s nuclear regulatory body to manufacture class I nuclear safety equipment, Pakistan is set to feature in the list of countries certified to produce such equipment locally.
The Heavy Mechanical Complex (HMC) III in Taxila, the specialised workshop operating under the Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission (PAEC) which produces spare parts for nuclear plants and other related equipment, was issued the licence by the Pakistan Nuclear Regulatory Authority (PNRA), reports The Express Tribune.
"Pakistan has constantly been under international embargoes. Local production of parts would not only help them keep up the required maintenance of nuclear plants but it would also improve the existing plants," said PNRA Chairman Engineer Anwar Habib.
The HMC III will produce equipment related to core nuclear islands that are directly linked to controlling and maintaining multiple activities in a nuclear reactor.
"It is indeed a happy moment for Pakistan. We will ensure that quality is not compromised in haste or achieving any production target," said Habib.
He said the HMC-III already possesses the certification to manufacture class II and III nuclear safety equipment, which was obtained some six years ago.
However, class I equipment deals with parts like tanks, vessels, cooling systems, steam generators, etc and any compromise over quality at this stage cannot be tolerated, Habib added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj