Pak Taliban blame secret agencies for Peshawar bombing
Islamabad: The banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) has denied involvement in the Matni blast, and has accused the intelligence agencies of killing civilians to please the US administration.
TTP spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan said the Matni attack, in which around 11 civilians were killed including children, was not the work of TTP fighters. He blamed the intelligence agencies and said they conducted the bombings at public places to defame Taliban and to make the US administration happy, reports The Nation.
Ehsan said the TTP only targeted sites like Mehran base and Kamra Air base, which were not public places. He said if the Taliban wanted to target someone, they would hit their target at deserted areas to avoid death of innocent people.
He blamed the intelligence agencies for the previous bombing at public places in various parts of the country.
On Friday, 11 people were killed and 19 others, including three children, sustained injuries in a car bomb blast near a mosque in Atlas Market in Matni, near Peshawar. Six of the injured were in critical condition in the hospital, a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'