Pak Taliban blame secret agencies for Peshawar bombing
Islamabad: The banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) has denied involvement in the Matni blast, and has accused the intelligence agencies of killing civilians to please the US administration.
TTP spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan said the Matni attack, in which around 11 civilians were killed including children, was not the work of TTP fighters. He blamed the intelligence agencies and said they conducted the bombings at public places to defame Taliban and to make the US administration happy, reports The Nation.
Ehsan said the TTP only targeted sites like Mehran base and Kamra Air base, which were not public places. He said if the Taliban wanted to target someone, they would hit their target at deserted areas to avoid death of innocent people.
He blamed the intelligence agencies for the previous bombing at public places in various parts of the country.
On Friday, 11 people were killed and 19 others, including three children, sustained injuries in a car bomb blast near a mosque in Atlas Market in Matni, near Peshawar. Six of the injured were in critical condition in the hospital, a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared shortly. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in
- PM Narendra Modi silent on scams like Manmohan Singh: Arvind Kejriwal
- French Open 2016: Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic roll on, symmetry for Williams sisters
- Premier League: Jose Mourinho all set to take control at Manchester United
- Zika not a reason to cancel Rio Olympics, says US health official